www-community mailing list archives

From Thom May <t...@planetarytramp.net>
Subject Re: Single Location for syndicated Apache blogs
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:49:17 GMT

On 8 Jan 2004, at 7:21, Ted Leung wrote:

> Many other open source projects, including Debian, the Linux Kernel
> developers, and Mono, are aggregating the RSS feeds of their blogging
> contributors and putting them up on a web site.  This is something
> that would be good for the ASF to do as well, as all we have now is
> the wiki page
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApachePeopleBlogs)   I'm
> willing to find out if there is software being used so that we don't
> have to reinvent the wheel.    I'm willing to maintain it and happy to
> have help if others are interested.  Infrastructure folks, do you see
> any problems?
I was also thinking about doing that. The software that Planet Debian
http://people.debian.org/~keybuk/planet/ and Planet Gnome
http://planet.gnome.org/ are using is a massively hacked up version of
spycroll.
I'll ask Scott or Jeff for the source they're using if other people
think this is good idea?
-Thom