www-community mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plant Apache is now online
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:03:23 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Leo, I hope this will reduce bandwidth utilization on your machine ('cos
> folks won't poll your feed directly), but it might lead to more (as folks
> follow through stories to get details.) I'll move this to gump.apache.com
> (or whatever it is called) as soon as it available. Please let me know if
> this is a problem.

bandwidth problem? Nah....

Apparently, the machine has so far handled about a gig of http traffic
in january (all of december was 600mb). I think the campus usage policy
allows 10GB per week of outside-of-campus traffic. If it becomes an
issue, I'm sure that the network admins will cut me some slack. Given
the half a dozen tomcat instances and several dozen httpd instances that
run here at the university, I'll just go and thumb on some heads with a
big club if they don't :D
--
cheers,

- Leo Simons