www-community mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Single Location for syndicated Apache blogs
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 12:04:25 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> But pulling back, perhaps a way to address Noel's concern is to have this
> aggregator only pull content from the RSS feeds that the blogger marks as
> somehow being Apache-related.  RSS allows arbitrary metadata, right?  Is
> there an easy way to mark a post in most blogger tools as "Apache-related"
> or something?  That way someone can rant on and on about their favorite
> political subject in their blog, but meanwhile only their Apache-related
> posts get aggregated at the ASF's site.

probably not if the rss feed url is scraped from elsewhere.  however, if
committers can specify particular feed urls, it might be workable -- at
least for those people who categorise.  for instance, to get the apache-related
articles from my log, the feed url i

http://Ken.Coar.Org/burrow/index.rss?category=Apache&comments=true&words=all

that won't get you the articles about my neverending war with the grey
death -- unless they also mention apache somewhere and i marked them as
such.

i'm pretty sure this is fairly common practice.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"