www-community mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Who decides who is 'worthy' for Planet Apache?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:59:13 GMT
--On Thursday, January 22, 2004 8:26 AM -0700 "Adam R. B. Jack"
<ajack@trysybase.com> wrote:

> So, now what? Do I just add it back, or what? Maybe Planet Apache needs
> some PMC control...

This is *exactly* why Planet Apache isn't part of the ASF.  The fact that
Thom exposes the RSS listing to the ASF committers is a courtesy.

I, for one, posted that Gump should be removed.  I believe several others
chimed in with the same sentiment.  So, Thom wasn't alone in his assessment
in the situation.  And, as to whether non-ASF content should be blogged,
there was discussion about that on the Planet - and the consensus I saw was
that we are interested in the person not their ASF activities.  -- justin