www-community mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tetsuya.kitah...@nifty.com>
Subject Re: Single Location for syndicated Apache blogs
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:37:47 GMT
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:13:31 -0500
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Does it seem sensible to take an already successful ASL licensed,
> community developed piece of software by an already successful open
> source developer and force it into a somewhat beta status by making it
> go through the incubator "just because that is the way things are done"?

Ceremony. I suspect it that even such a nice community has to
be baptized once. (one day or less)
Legitimatization, in order to keep *consistency* in a big
and social community. To make it orthodox.

Maybe you can record/memorize these:
"XYZ project received baptism in incubator    -- DD Mon YYYY GMT-0500."
"XYZ project was welcomed to apache community -- DD+1 Mon YYYY GMT-0500."

If such a baptism would be taken place within "24 hours",
nobody would feel the sense of anti-"freedom".
There might be no conflict (do hope).
Happiness & Peace .... i do love such a happiness

... The point is ... "24 hours"

Thank you for reading.