www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: PGP Key signing
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:37:09 GMT

El miércoles, 21 ener, 2004, a las 01:26 Europe/Madrid, Mark R. Diggory
escribió:

> I'm finishing up writing a PGP plugin for maven to generate
> public/private keypairs, sign artifacts, verify artifacts and do
> encryption/decryption. This should eventually make publishing to the
> maven repository very smooth and easy to accomplish.
>

> I would like to gather together the following into some PGP/MD5 FAQ
> documentation for the Apache site:
>
> 1.) Proper procedures for generating and publishing PGP keys for use
> at  Apache.
>
> Answer simple questions like;
> where to place your public keys.
> where not to place your private keys.
>

> 2.) How to go about key signing to build up the web of trust at
> Apache. When I was browsing Henk's page I noticed the web of trust
> stuff:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~henkp/trust/apache.html
> http://apache.org/~erikabele/wot/wot.html
> http://www.apache.org/~henkp/md5/doc.html
> http://www.apache.org/~henkp/sig/

There was a keysigning event during the last ApacheCON, and I hope this
will be ongoing for future ones. It was very nice, I really enjoyed it.

In community@apache.org there have been interesting discussion on how
to sign other Apache people keys, etc.

Also, I see no links to the wiki, where there is another bunch of
resources already:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?SigningReleases

> 3.) As much other interesting errata as possible concerning PGP
> signatures and MD5 checksums.
>
> If you have any more interesting links, important documentation, etc,
> or come across anything. I'd like to start building them up into a
> canonical source on this stuff.

I was looking for pages on the key signing event, but I couldn't found
them. I cc: community, where the action took place last time.