www-community mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Policy for Jakarta Wiki(s)
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:03:41 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>On 12/9/03 11:22 PM, "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
>

>>Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>>
>>>we should not loose search and cross linking capabilities.
>>>I really want to throw my support behind wiki.apache.org
>>>but it doesn't support this which makes Apache look like
>>>such an opaque spider.
>>>

>>This is the first that I recall hearing such comments from you.  Don't you
>>think that you should air your concerns to the folks working on the Wiki?
>>
>Didn't I?

nah...I suspect you first sent it to the Jakarta PMC list. Neither Jason nor
me are on that list, so Noel forwarded it. Good thing he did, cause we can
hopefully resolve things sooner than later.

I don't want to go into a big debate about where to send what e-mails.
Doesn't
matter to me much (except, of course, when discussion is moved somewhere
where I can't participate :D) When I dove into this whole thing it was
suggested infrastructure@ was a good place to talk about it. I did send
you a
private message for feedback a loooooong time ago (since you did the
MoinMoin thing), but I figure it scrolled of the screen or you were busy
with
other stuff.

I don't think discussing this stuff on community@ is so good a solution
either,
as a lot of people who are on infrastructure@ don't read community@. Then,
results in
another little-known list no-one reads.

Any other suggestions?

Communication flow management is a big problem for all big organisations,
and the ASF is no different. I'm very flexible in following other people's
preferences, and that generally works well, especially if everyone else
is, too.
Maybe you should try it? :P

>>What is wrong with interWiki links for your second item?
>>
>Mainly its kind of a pain.

disagree :D. I think "manual namespacing" with long wiki names is more
of a pain. It's a preference thing.

cheers!

- LSD