www-community mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Newsletter - to be or not to be?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:22:11 GMT
On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:51:38AM +0900, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

> This is personal opinion: posting to all the -dev lists is very hard
> (burden) for him (Rob?) to do.
> I recommend him to post a note to committers@
> and write "please copy this mail to -dev lists to which you are
> subscribing", instead. I think he can post a note to
> general@[jakarta|xml|ws], too.

Do we really have to go through this again?
One message to committers should be more than enough - I don't know
about others, but I certainly didn't appreciate getting somewhere
around five or ten different copies of the same message for the
first newsletter and I'm sure there are others who got a whole lot
more copies than I did. And to top it all off, it was the same
message being sent repeatedly, so it beat msg-id duplicate filters.

vh

Mads Toftum