www-community mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clover license for the ASF?
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:49:55 GMT
Hi Conor, Brendan, everyone,

Conor MacNeill wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:40 am, Leo Simons wrote:
>

>>Hi gang,
>>
>>Has anyone requested an ASF-wide clover license yet, or
>>discussed it with the clover people? Would that be a good
>>idea to do? Does anyone have any contacts over at Cortex?
>>
>i Leo,
>
>I work for Cortex. We are happy to give free licenses to individual
>open-source projects upon request.

I know, and that's cool! What I'm hoping for is that Cortex would be
willing to grant
such a license to the ASF as a whole. After all, all of the ASF projects
are public,
community-developed open source projects, so it seems all those projects
would
be eligible for such a free license......an asf-wide license would make
life for all those
projects a little easier since it'd reduce administration overhead.
Thoughts, anyone?

cheers,

- Leo