www-community mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Mailing from apache email address
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:26:28 GMT
Apologies if the answer to this question is obvious and I have just not
stumbled on it; but I am having a hard time "legally" sending mail from
my apache email address. Short of logging in to minotaur via ssh and
using pine, I know of no authenticated way to do this. I can't seem to
connect my Mozilla mail client via SMTP. From the headers on mails from
this and other apache lists, it looks like some folks are just modifying
the headers.  I can set up my local sendmail to push psteitz@apache.org;
but that seems bogus to me.  Even when I send from minotaur, the headers
don't look right.  Can someone give me a clue?  What do other people do?
Is there a doc on this somewhere?

Phil