www-community mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inappropriate use of announce@
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:17:57 GMT

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 01:23 Europe/Rome, Tetsuya Kitahata
wrote:

> "Condemn the offense but not the offender."
> ( Tsumi wo nikun de, hito wo nikuma zu )

I'll add this to my list of design patterns for community management.

> Without this principle, e-mail communication might
> soon end up with the meaningless controversies, and
> full of frastrations....
>
> ... We are cleverer than yesterday :-) ...

I think so. Yes.

> Thank you,

You are welcome. I got a good feeling out of this: we are all different
and our text based asynchronous communication media might just suck us
dry after a while... but human signal *does* get thru.

And this, more than any newsletter or infrastructure, is what, IMO,
makes us (the ASF) a different kind of community. A place where you are
ready to step the frustration aside to learn and, as you say, be
"cleverer than yesterday".

> Tetsuya.
>
> P.S. Yes, I think I should "take a rest" for a while.
> I will unsubscribe all the -dev lists which I am now participating,
> and travel (Not for Yoga in Mt. Fuji :-) in the next month..
> I want to go to Okinawa and Kyoto)

I think it's a very good idea. Pull the plug for a while, if you can,
get back to the simple things. You'll find things more balanced in your
mind after that.

Ciao.

--
Stefano.