www-community mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Did you know? Interesting Stuff around ApacheCon
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:20:14 GMT
As often happens with an all-volunteer organization, there's a lot of nifty
stuff happening around ApacheCon, although it's not always obvious where to
find out about it.

Did you know that you can still get an Early Bird DISCOUNT to the 'con as
long as you register by October 19th?

Along with the published Sessions at the con, there are other events
happening too!

Did you know you can attend parts of Comdex for free with your ApacheCon
badge?  And that the ASF needs volunteers to staff a booth at the Comdex
Open Source & Linux track? To volunteer to staff a booth, contact Sally at
<mailto:sk@apache.org>
See Comdex details
at:  http://www.comdex.com/lasvegas2003/exhib/themes/?s=open_source

Did you know that we're scheduling the first ApacheCon Lightning
Talks?  "If you can't say it in 5 minutes, it's probably not worth
saying."  To sign up to say something useful (but brief - there will be a 5
minute timer) contact Rich at <mailto:apache-lightning@rcbowen.com>

Did you know that we're organizing a PGP/GPG key signing event?  If you
want to see how the 'web of trust' of Apache committers is built, stay
tuned for the timing details, and check out the CVS module 'committers' and
read the file docs/pgp-key-signing.txt

Did you know that the Alexis Park Hotel has a pretty good discounted rate
if you mention the 'con?  And that it is expected to sell out (other people
stay there too) so you'd better get your reservations now.

Oh, and of course, all the details of ApacheCon are laid out here:
http://www.apachecon.com/2003/US/index.html

- Shane,
Not an AC planner, just playing one on the Internet.
P.S. If one of the *real* superheroes who is an AC planner wants me to shut
up now, just let me know.  ;-)