www-community mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inappropriate use of announce@
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:40:39 GMT

Phil Steitz wrote:

> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
> <snip/>

> I don't think that effective decision-making in a large organization
> *requires* bureacracy.

You're right. It requires responsibility.

It's possible that an entity is responsible of something without having
bureacracy in place. In Apache it's mainly meritocratic communities that
decide through the Apache decision-making process (not necessarily
voting). Here it seems that it's not clear who is ultimately responsible
for this, or if there is lack of oversight, but I might be wrong.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -