www-community mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization list/team
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:27:53 GMT
--On Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:37 PM -0400 "Noel J. Bergman"
<noel@devtech.com> wrote:

> As for internationalization, I don't see why it should not be part of Apache
> Commons.  I think that it is exactly the correct place for it.  I don't know
> that it needs a CVS module, but I'm not opposed to one.

Here's my $.02 as a Commons PMCer:

If you want to write tools to support i18n, then Commons PMC will welcome the
effort.  If you want to create ASF-wide policy for i18n, then I don't think
Commons Project is the correct place.  -- justin