www-community mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: How to get pgp keys signed
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:29:25 GMT
According to Joerg Pietschmann:

> I don't even have a PGP key. Why should I? (rhetorical question, of
> course I know)
> And even if I had one, I'd be in permanent fear to loose my private
> key in a disc crash, left with sevaral unreadable backups on some
> old floppies and CD-RWs...

I've stored a printed version of the revocation certificate at
a safe place. Yes, really just a piece of paper. :-)

Should I really loose all my disks and all backups are unreadable,
I would still be able to revoke my key and to create a new one.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                        - Fer sail cheep...
lars@hyperreal.org            - Windoows spel chekcer, wurks grate.