www-community mailing list archives

From Adrian Sutton <adr...@intencha.com>
Subject Re: establish a trust relationship (Re: missing signatures)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:04:26 GMT
> As far as I can see from
> http://www.apache.org/~sgala/map.html
> (Apache Community Worldwide: thanx to Santiago and Dirk),
> there are few committers in Asia, Pacific, South America
> and Africa. Of course, there could be some of the "ratio
> of the well-educated population" issues, etc. I can guess, however,
> "North America and Europe" (heavily) weighed community
> would be not so much healthy.

Just wondering, where does the data for that image come from?  I note that
there's no committer listed for Brisbane and yet here I am, apparently very
lonely in the Sunshine State. :)

> I am sure that "establish a trust relationship" would be
> one of the "KEYS" of the internationalization
> in the ASF community.

I'm not sure I see a huge benefit to a trust relationship other than the
fact that it would encourage committers to meet in real life a little more
which improves community and often helps understanding between developers.
That in itself is a good thing.  The added security and reliability (trust)
is also a good thing I suppose.

> __ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.