www-community mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Follow the example
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:10:59 GMT

This has been said a number of times already in different forms but
I'll repeat it again.

ApacheCon is the foundation's official conference. It is *our*
conference.

Whether subproject X in project Y is represented at ApacheCon US 2003
should not have any importance. The success of ApacheCon has a direct
influence on the well being of this foundation, monetary and
otherwise. Thus, it is crucial that every project *and* subproject
make a serious effort to call the attention of *all* our users.

If ApacheCon benefit, the ASF benefits, and consequently your
project/subproject benefits, regardless of whether it is represented
at ApacheCon US 2003 or not.

Seriously, no buts and ifs. Please add an advert icon on your
web-pages so that as many users as possible learn about ApacheCon.

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

At 07:50 PM 9/19/2003 +0900, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

>Ceki,
>
>I am sorry:
>I do not think that it is a good idea for us to have
>links to apachecon us 2003 in all the subprojects' website
>within web services project. However, I've set up the Axis
>website of that link to be added.
>(please see the http://ws.apache.org/axis/ website)
>
>Unfortunately, I will be in Japan at the time, however,
>I hope someone who will participate in this ApacheCon 2003
>give me nice "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TETSUYA!" mails (ping?).
>
>Hope you folks will enjoy!
>
>Cheers,
>
>__ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __
>
>On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:57:46 +0200
>(Subject: Re: Follow the example)
>Ceki G|lc|<ceki@qos.ch> wrote:
>

> > Tetsuya,
> >
> > Thank you very much for making this change so quickly.  I'd hate to
> > abuse your kindness but do you think it is possible to advertise
> > ApacheCon US 2003 on all WS pages, including its subproject pages?

Ceki Gülcü

      import org.apache.Facetime;
      ApacheCon US 2003, 18-21 November http://apachecon.com/