www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Apachecon: The Guru Is In
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:46:12 GMT

> IMHO Pier simply got the idea wrong. :-) So if you intend to do this,
> I'd be happy to play "the Turbine guy" (as long as I get some beer. ;-)

Ok - but more people may get this impression of guru-dom. So perhaps we
need to change the name a little. Or hand out sooooo many guru buttons
that it gets funny.

Perhaps we need a nice committer button or something with a 'ask me a
question' and four checkboxes for J/X/H/* under it :-) which gets handed
out to anyone who wants. Perhaps even just anyone - not just committers -
as in reality a lot of list have many more experts than just those who
happen to have their commit bit. I.e. draw on a larger expert community.

Dw