www-community mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [PROPSAL] Support EU Patent Vote Protest
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:55:00 GMT
Thom May wrote:

>> The page is currently at http://cvs.apache.org/~gianugo/apache-protest.html
>> and simply imposes a 60 second delay on viewing the current ASF index page.
>> The page contains very simple text that is non-inflammatory wordings and
>> fits nicely with the ASF website look and feel. The page was written by
>> Gianugo Rabellino gianugo@apache.org

+1

is this just for the 27th, or 27th through 1st?  i'm inclined toward
the latter..

some suggestions:

1. sixty seconds isn't long enough for all that text to be read and
   assimilated.  i think the interval should be made longer, and there
   should be some way to reach it in case of 'hey, i wasn't finished!'
   or 'what did that say again?' or 'hey, that was in english, and i don't
   read english so good'.
2. change 'open source' to 'open software'.  on the one hand, defuse any
   potential open-source/free-software issues; for another, make it
   clear to people reading it exactly what this is about.  a lot of people
   use our software without knowing or caring that it's open source, or
   even what that means.  we want to raise their awarenesses, too.
3. it's too late, probably, but multiviewed translated pages would be
   an outstanding feature.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"