www-community mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Make use of announce@ (Re: No answer from announcements@jakarta.apache.org)
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:52:14 GMT

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> > If I remember correctly, Brian modified the settings of each
> > announce(ments)@<tlp>.apache.org mailing lists to forward to
> > announce@apache.org automatically... Right!?
> Nope, in fact I was arguing against it, unless someone crafts a message to
> let the subscribers of announce@apache.org be aware of such a
> configuration, so they can decide which list to subscribe to.  But even
> then, ezmlm does not like having one mailing list send to another (as an
> anti-mail-loop mechanism).

I see. Thank you for the explanation. From my point of view, it is
reasonable and understandable. I was also anxious about the mail-loop,
(As I mentioned here in community@) and I think "CC to announce@" would
be reasonable.

However, I think that jakarta/xml and related (graduated) projects
did not make use of that mailing list before. I think many (most)
of the committers in jakarta/xml etc. do not know whether they
*can* ( = are allowed to ) make use of it or not .... each PMC issue!?

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)