www-community mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject From editor of ... (Re: Newsletter.)
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:39:06 GMT
Peoples,

After the conversation concering the matter of our "The
Apache Newsletter", I have come to tentative conclusion:

1. I will not publish the second newsletter (Issue #2) in
the middle of September 2003. I will release in the middle
of October as "The Apache Newsletter Issue #2"

2. In "The Apache Newsletter Issue #2", I will enumerate all
the projects in the ASF umbrella in the "table of contents",
however, will never from "Issue #3".

3. Apache Newsletter is one of the "News from the ASF" material,
which people who do not have much time to read all the websites in
the Apache.org have been eager to get in the past,
so it fit to the original usage of announce@apache mailing list
and I will publish this newsletter to this mailing list.

--

1)

 Some publishers in Japan picked up the news of "Apache Software
Foundation have decided to release *cross-project* newsletter monthly"
around 18th August (by courtesy of the publishers).
So, "From Monthly to Quarterly" abruptly will not a good sign as
the ASF's *will*. I want to make it *bi-monthly* for a while.

2)

There are still many people which do not know the existence of
this newsletter. In fact, I got news from mod_perl forks after
the release of the newsletter. #1 and #2 will be just "guinea pig".
We can modify the newsletter in various ways, using "Apatchy" spirits,
and pass it off more professional one, I am sure.

3)

After the conversation occured here in community@apache, I realized
that annouce@apache list did not give full play to its potential
abilities. "The Apache Newsletter" can provide and prove one of the
"good" possibilities.

--

If anything, sorry for the rant here. I had to think about the spam
issue (I did not know about the Law of anti-spam in western countries..)

"The Apache Newsletter" is *not* spam mail.

I want to hear from you all about wonderful news of the
various projects in apache.org. Please make it more professional
and useful one!!

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

P.S. I am thankful to infrastructure team about that "So-Big"
viral mails. I did not see viral mails in most of the Mailing
lists in *.apache.org. Especially, I really appreciate the hard-works
of Brian. Thank you very much!!