www-community mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: announce@apache.org, was Re: Newsletter.
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 03:04:11 GMT

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net> wrote:

> OK.  My concerns about one list trying to deliver to another remain.
> I still am not sure it's wise to automate that.  For example, just
> today I found that the announce@ws.apache.org list was configured to
> allow anyone to post to it (accidentally of course), but 6 spam
> messages had gotten to it, and it's never been officially used.  I say
> this not to pick on that list or community, but to point out the law
> of unintended consequences.

Unfortunately, most of the WS (Webservice) mailing lists seem *not*
to have moderators.
# Yes, I've heard that there *are*. But, it seems as if there's no
# moderator...

Please take this into consideration. I am willing to do
any kind of things to reduce spams. (taking over the
remote moderations, etc.)

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)