www-community mailing list archives

From Thom May <thom...@apache.org>
Subject Newsletter.
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:38:49 GMT
Some points:
overall, the style and informational content is excellent; good job!
however:

I *still* don't think that announce@ is an appropriate list. news@apache.org
would seem to me to be the most appropriate address, and if people agree I
will set up the list ASAP.

I wasn't terribly impressed by the amount of advertising that went on - the
fact that terra-intl.com was pimped at least thrice left a very sour taste
in my mouth. The newsletter is about apache, it should be impersonal and
written in a professional manner.

I'm sorry if this comes across rude - I don't want to demean anyone's
efforts but I do have some concerns that I would like to see addressed.
Cheers
-Thom