www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [i18n] Internationalization project
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:48:34 GMT
Joerg Pietschmann:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I think that "bringing together a group of volunteers who are not
coders,
> > and who may not even be experts on one particular project outside its
> > documentation, but who are able to provide translations" would be great,
but
> > that's not a project.

> I think one part of the "infrastructure" would be a mailing list
> or a set of lists where translators hang out

I think that there is at least some agreement for a mailing list.  If there
is, then it can be proposed to infrastructure@, and created promptly.

> After some time, they'll probably require some tool support and
> other technical infrastructure

Possibly.  But, for example, any changes to Mavan, Forrest, Anakia, etc.,
would be in those projects.  [See my message to Tetsuya Kitahata posted at
the same time as this]

	--- Noel