www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Jakarta Newsletter Issue 9 -- May-June 2003
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:00:59 GMT
> > I don't think community@ is a valid place for news of a newsletter
anyway.
> > Perhaps announce@ for those who are interested.

> the jakarta newsletter are verging on OT for community@ as well.

Perhaps, but it seems to me that this discussion has been about taking the
Jakarta Newsletter and turning it into the ASF Newsletter, with information
about all aspects of the ASF, and especially all of the projects.

I'm not saying that community@ is the right place, but in many respects it
is.  After all, not ever community discussion is of interest to every
subscriber, but a newsletter whose primary purpose is to inform about the
ASF Community's status and projects seems quite on-topic to me.

However, in the interests of compromise between those who want just a
summary with link and those who want the full content, perhaps it would be
best to post a summary e-mail, and provide a separate subscriber list for
people who want the full newsletter.

	--- Noel