www-community mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Jakarta Newsletter Issue 9 -- May-June 2003
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:05:53 GMT
Noel,

> However, in the interests of compromise between those who want just a
> summary with link and those who want the full content, perhaps it would be
> best to post a summary e-mail,

Don't you think annouce@ is the place for that?
If you're worried that subscribers to community@ won't be subscribed to
announce@ (and that the newsletter will miss some of its target audience)
then I still feel quite strongly that the solution isn't to cross post, but
to encourage people to subscribe to the correct list.

If cross posting becomes an acceptable solution to the problem of people not
being subscribed to lists which might interest them then IMO it will create
a bigger problem than it solves.

> and provide a separate subscriber list for
> people who want the full newsletter.

Have a seperate read-only newsletter list you mean?

d.