www-community mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: Jakarta Newsletter Issue 9 -- May-June 2003
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:51:11 GMT
Ceki Gülcü <ceki@qos.ch> writes:

> If I understand correctly, you are unwilling to receive one
> Jakarta-related email per month, on say, announce@apache.org mailing
> list. Is that the mailing list being considered?

With more than 15 projects, each one of which would presumably have
the right to post a monthly update, that amounts to an email every
couple of days.

> Sending a Java related email on announce@apache.org may breach the
> possibly implicit contract between the list and its subscribers.
> However, that seems more like a moral question rather than a
> technical one, in the sense of increased volume.  It is hard to
> imagine anyone being upset because of an extra message per month.

I don't care much for Java either, but on the other hand, I would like
to find a compromise that

1) Lets me keep abreast of major developments/interesting things in
   other apache projects.

2) Doesn't require me to subscribe to another 343432 mailing lists.

Some sort of compromise of this type would hopefully do a bit towards
"cross-pollination" efforts, which I presume are something we value?

Maybe what is needed is an editor for an 'ASF news' mail which lists
the month's highlights.  Not volunteering, sorry!

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/