www-community mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [i18n] Internationalization project
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:07:24 GMT

Robert Simpson wrote, On 15/07/2003 14.18:

> If this is to possibly become a top-level Apache project, where should it be discussed?

In the Incubator we will accept for Top Level projects only those that
have a big and solid community around them.

For all others, there needs to be a sponsoring PMC that takes care of
them, and they will go under that PMCs.

Projects that start from scratch and that don't have a final sponsoring
PMC loaction are encouraged to use one of the sandboxes in the various
TLPs (Jakarta Commons, etc), use Sourceforge, or the common CVS for
Apache committers (if it originates at Apache).

If you want to get it off the ground, MHO is to start looking for a
sponsoring PMC and work with them. TLP will come /eventually/ later,
maybe after 6 months, on year, two years, or never.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -