www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Newsletter Issue 9 -- May-June 2003
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:35:45 GMT
Tetsuya Kitahata escribió:
> Santiago Gala <sgala@hisitech.com> wrote:
>

>>It looks amazingly similar to RSS or necho
>>(http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/) if we want a more experimental
>>format :-)

Someone defaced Sam's wiki frontpage. It has been restored by now.

> "Necho"? "Echo"?

There are plenty of names, or no name. From the frontpage: The
EchoProject is an initiative to develop a common syntax for syndication,
archiving and an publishing API.

The original name was Echo, but it was considered inappropriate and
changed, provisionally, to not-echo, or necho for short. Mark Pilgrim
calls it "the-format-that-should-not-be-named-echo" or something.

It is/will be a format similar to RSS, with API to edit or archive news
items. Of potential interest for things like the FAN (Future Apache
Newsletter) ;-)

> "Necho" reminds me of the word "Neko", which is used by
> Andy Clark's piece of works... "CyberNeko Parser" etc.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)
>
> P.S.  "Neko" means *cat* in Japanese ;-)

Nice, I didn't know. It could be a good name for the project.

Santiago Gala
High Sierra Technology, S.L. (http://hisitech.com)
http://memojo.com?page=SantiagoGalaBlog