www-community mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [i18n] Internationalization project
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 03:26:29 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:53:30 +1000
Conor MacNeill <conor@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:52 am, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> > For me, proposed project whose final target (destination) is TLP itself
> > would not fit to the incubator charter.
> AFAIK, the incubator is for all new code coming to Apache whether it is
> destined for an existing project or it becomes a new Apache project, so
> called TLP.

1.

Yes. Sure, *new code* coming to Apache is better to be incubated
at Incubator project, I know. Then, how it goes with *new concept
concerning with infrastructural issue*?

At
http://incubator.apache.org/process.html
, "[others..?] " line can be added, right?

2.

Okay, Incubator project can take up the would-be-TLP. I see.
Then, where can I/we seek the sponsoring (mentoring) member
in apache.org?  ... is it possible to seek the mentoring ASF members
from various TLPs in Apache?

> The creation of a new Project/PMC would require a board resolution. That may
> be one outcome of incubation as indicated in the above quote.

O.K. *indicated* above:  ... I assume I can take it with broad
interpretation

These lines you mentioned above gave me a broad insights into the
issues for the new projects.

> Conor

Thank you for everything, Conor and David.

I'll translate the Incubator Project's website into japanese more, and
I am sure I can gain more broader insights into the incubation process
in consequence of this translation process:
http://incubator.terra-intl.com/

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)