www-community mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [i18n] Internationalization project
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:53:30 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:52 am, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> For me, proposed project whose final target (destination) is TLP itself
> would not fit to the incubator charter.

AFAIK, the incubator is for all new code coming to Apache whether it is
destined for an existing project or it becomes a new Apache project, so
called TLP.

This is from the original board resolution

"RESOLVED, that the Apache Incubator PMC is responsible for regularly
evaluating products under its purview and making the determination in each
case of whether the product should be abandoned, continue to receive guidance
and support, or proposed to the board for promotion to full project status as
part of an existing or new Foundation PMC; and be it further"

> Rather, creation of the "task force team" (mailing list) might be
> preferable...
>
> Also, it is similar to the creation of Incubator Project itself
> last year, I guess.

The creation of a new Project/PMC would require a board resolution. That may
be one outcome of incubation as indicated in the above quote.

Conor