www-community mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta Newsletter Issue 9 -- May-June 2003
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:23:59 GMT
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:57:13 -0400
(Subject: RE: Jakarta Newsletter Issue 9 -- May-June 2003)
"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> wrote:

> > you can't know who are the new committers without taking
> > snapshots of /etc/passwd or /home/cvs/CVSROOT/avail
>
> AFAICS, committer uids in /etc/passwd started at a particular value, and
> monotonically increment for each new user, so couldn't he use that as an
> indicator?

Sander, Noel,

I knew that it was subset of the "NewCommitters", to be precise....,
however, I'd rather like to let it as self-declaration system...

Why? it is because we can give the chance for the new committer to
edit the apachewiki page and give the *awareness* of something...
If this self-declaration system work wells, at the same time, the
content of the apachewiki will grow more gradually.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)