www-community mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How ASF membership works and what it means
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:08:52 GMT
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Now, if we put a JVM inside the Apache process scope, we end up with the
> same problem we had with Apache 1.3, how in the world am I going to be able
> to share a session between a JVM inside a multithreaded process A and the
> clone of that same JVM inside another multithreaded process B ????

The solution is to treat Apache 2.0 processes just like a worker pool,
and use the load balancing code. Requests without a session will be
resolved by the in-process VM. Requests with a session will be forwared to
the right VM if necesary.

Apache2 will manage the creation of new workers - after all that's the
benefit of multi-process, multi-thread env. Most of the times you have few
processes, each with multiple threads, just like the load balanced tomcat
case.

Costin