www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Java + Scripting languages
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:11:06 GMT
>>>http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=223

>>I am a priori discouraged because I don't see IBM represented.  To have
this
>>JSR without participation from the BSF folks seems wrong.  I don't know if
>>this is payback for Eclipse and the WS-I, an oversight, or what.

>Lack of warm bodies with the right skills who are not already booked
>110%.  I am twisting Chuck Murcko and Victor Orlikowski's arm to
>represent IBM.

Color me much relieved!  I've known about JSR 223 for a couple of weeks now
from another e-mail, was initially pleased to see that there was one, and
absolutely shocked (and dismayed) not to see BSF represented.

Should Chuck and Victor represent IBM or should they represent the ASF, now
that BSF has been transfered?  You, Chuck and Victor are all ASF Members.

	--- Noel