www-community mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: How ASF membership works and what it means
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:15:46 GMT
On 27/6/03 0:43, "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:32:08AM +0100, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> Best way of doing things? Writing a connector for the servlet container
>> using JNI that uses unix sockets, named pipes, or something which is
>> actually faster than the usual TCP socket we use between Java and Apache,
>> but embedding a JVM inside the Apache process space is a big nono...
>
> Oh, come on... show us your True Programmer Manliness(tm) and shove the data
> over to the JVM via shared memory!
>
> :-)
>
> Hmm. Wait. Java doesn't give you access to shared memory? oh, too bad...

Of course you can't... HERETIC! :-) That's against any principle dictated by
the WORA book...

But on the other hand... Hmm... APR _is_ WORA... The solution might lie in
the apr_shm_get() call...

Now, one silly little problem... I got no frigging clue on how to use a
memory segment shared between more-than-two multithreaded processes without
making a whole friggin' mess of the data... I'll call this syndrome Pier's
idiocy! (but it is still WORA!)

:-) :-)

    Pier (who figured it all out, got bored, and now uses mod_proxy_http)