www-community mailing list archives

From Glen Stampoultzis <gst...@iinet.net.au>
Subject Re: Common documents across the ASF
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 04:31:38 GMT
At 01:09 PM 19/06/2003, you wrote:
>Why NOT have shared documents?  I've heard it said that the CVS organization
>is the barrier.  OK, so why not look at what reasonable steps could relieve
>that barrier?  What would happen if we had an Incubator module open to all
>ASF Committers?  Would that lower the barrier and increase reuse?

The reason why it hasn't been done is simple... because no one has actually
stepped up to find all the redundant information and send patches to the
various projects to fix it up.  CVS access isn't the problem.  Finding
someone with the itch, time and motivation is.

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au