www-community mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WORA Considered Evil ;-)
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:38:21 GMT

Danny Angus wrote, On 29/06/2003 13.27:
> James has been described by someone as Apache's "best kept secret". I met some guys (ASF
members) a year or so ago and some of them were unaware that the ASF had a mailserver project.

James is a killer project, based on solid ideas and in my company
intranet it simply works (TM).

The cool thing about it is that it's pipeline based, so that it's very
very easy, I'd say near to trivial, to make messages do what you want by
using mailets, and usually the ones you need are already there.

My net admin loves the baby: MySql as a backend (she loves to be able to
do queries and simple backups), a simple config file with spam blocking,
  the thing installed as a service, and nothing to touch :-)

Oh, and memory usage is really stable, with no noticeable load problems
on the server. Ok, the load is light (50 users), even if we have
multi-mega attachments for the technical drawings, but it can do all and
it's easy and stable.

I love it :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -