www-community mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WORA Considered Evil ;-)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:31:10 GMT
on 6/26/03 11:28 AM Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> So, we created the Mailet API and started JAMES, later we had Federico
> involved that did most of the coding.

The above is not painting the picture correctly. Federico did the POP3
server and the first Avalon integration, while Serge did the SMTP part
(including DNS lookup and all that).

Serge has been the real driver of the JAMES project since the beginning.
Pier, Federico and I were just instrumental in getting the concept in
java.apache.org and inject a little vision on the mailet concept.

But James has been a real community development and we have pretty much
nothing to do with what James is right now.

Serge infinite much more credits than we do.

Apologies for not having been precise.

--
Stefano.