www-community mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: How ASF membership works and what it means
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:01:14 GMT
On 23/06/2003 15:42 Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> This as it mostly shows 'today' rather than the members body which grew
> over time and is effectively lagging. I.e. you are looking at data which
> tells you more about history than about the future. And that todays future
> is tomorrows history.

My original plan was to fetch some old copies of the avail file as well
and look for trends, but alas:

cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/CVSROOT'
(/home/cvs/CVSROOT/#cvs.lock): Permission denied

Oh well, forgot about that. :-)

I depend on (only) the members having access to the foundation module,
but I assume that's a safe guess. The latest additions already seem to
be added. Also, I assume repository is structured along the
toplevel-sublevel module naming scheme - which seems the case for most.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org