www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Apache Wiki defaced
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:40:17 GMT
BTW, I just noticed this page

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?WikiVandals

and added today's incident, as well as helping with the translation of
the previous vandals (some negihbours from Spain, quite possibly ADSL
from Telefonica or some company using Telefonica Data as provider).

As Andy pointed, "it takes real men to hack into a wiki." :-)

We seem to be having like a couple incidents a month. While today's one
is particularly disgusting, things are *not* out of control. Targets are
Home, ASF and People pages. I bet those are by far the ones more times
reached accidentally.

One nice thing about wikis is that they use to be self-healing. For
instance, someone (Marc?) corrected my mispelling of Marc Portier's name
in my wiki here. I noticed like one week later. Thanks.

Regards
--
Santiago Gala
High Sierra Technology, S.L. (http://hisitech.com)