www-community mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Wiki defaced
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 09:41:25 GMT

Henning Schmiedehausen wrote, On 07/06/2003 11.10:

> On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 10:40, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>The wiki theory is that it is so easy to repair vandalism that the immature
>>cretins basically lose interest in their juvenile activities.  For more
>>discourse on the subject, see:
>>http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SocialAcceptabilityOfWikiVandalism
>

> Hi,
>
> while I basically agree with you on the Wiki point of view, the question
> (at least to me) remains, whether the Apache Wiki is an experiment in
> communication or a tool for documentation.
> Imagine that someone calling up the page while doing a presentation in
> public...

I love wikis. I thought that just checking commits was enough.

But I am *COMPLETELY* *DISGUSTED* by what I in the page changes.
It's the most revolting pic I've EVER seen!

To be honest I almost cried. For all the love I have for Apache, this is
a big fat slap in the face.

I think that the rule must change ASAP to use passwords, even if they
only have to be requested to the respective PMC.

:,-(

             - verba volant, scripta manent -