www-community mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SVN (was: RE: The cash of our lives / Dvorak)
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:08:59 GMT
FWIW, Subversion is working quite well for us in a Corporate Intranet. Blending modules for
content management (that can be edited in WYSIWYG form, either in-situ or in off-line modes)
and
others for code make it a very compelling replacement for CVS at the project level, and Wikis
at
the 'easy' collaborative docs level.  The name/password stuff works well, though we make life
difficult for ourselves by throwing SecurIDs into the design too.

In a couple of years time, using SVN as an all-encompassing CM & RCS tool will be a common
story,
if not a best practice.

- Paul

 --- Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> wrote: > One of the previous concerns was tool