www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Apache Wiki defaced
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:00:41 GMT

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Santiago Gala wrote:

> One nice thing about wikis is that they use to be self-healing. For
> instance, someone (Marc?) corrected my mispelling of Marc Portier's name
> in my wiki here. I noticed like one week later. Thanks.

Aye - but the ASF as a US organisation should have resonable and
demonstratable oversight over its publicly visible site. So as long as we
are sure things gets fixed, are under control - this approach may fly; and
can be considered under enough control of the relevant PMC's.

However if we start seeing de-facings which take days to be noticed; then
we'll propably need to start adding some more hurdles/login's.

Dw