www-community mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject RE: Apache Wiki defaced
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 18:30:12 GMT
If you don't have any PKI infrastructure yet and just aim for a "give me
some certificates" approach that doesn't really need to have strong
security needs, you might want to check out TinyCA
(http://tinyca.sm-zone.net/) which is a really nice, easy to use and
handy CA tool. It needs OpenSSL and perl-Tk.

I use it for all my self-rolled certificates all the time. It is really
only one program which acts as a wrapper around openssl.

	Regards
		Henning

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 20:00, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> Noel wrote:
>
> > My own opinion is that we could require end users to register, just as they
> > have to register for a mailing list.  The registration process would e-mail
> > a unique SSL cert to install into a browser.  With that SSL cert in place,
> > users can update the Wiki.  Without it, they are read-only.
>
> Noel - if you need a hand with the cert creation/download/etc. code - do
> let me know; I'd be happy to donate some time and code which is otherwise
> just gatehring bitrot.
>
> Dw

Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20