www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: news.apache.org (was: apache.org vs. mozilla.org)
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 01:19:33 GMT
> So, summing up, is anybody against running
>  news.apache.org
> which *wraps* (NOT REPLACE!) the current SMTP-based infrastructure?

+1 to do it, assuming my prior concerns about NNTP connectivity aren't an
issue.

> This will also work as a permanent archive and will probably be picked
> up by google groups to provide nice mail searching

Given the problems with eyebrowse that have recently become a constant, this
would be a good thing.  I would assume that at least for the time being that
only public lists would be accessible via the public news server.

	--- Noel