www-community mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Sun and the JCP 2.5
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:34:53 GMT

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 05:38 PM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>> Yes, Apache is on the "scholarship" board.
>>
>> If you want to discuss this further, you might consider joining the
>> jcp@apache.org mailing list.
>

> The problem is that I might inadvertantly receive information covered
> by apache's non-disclosure agreements with Sun.  This could limit my
> economic viability in the future should I wish to implement a
> technology which competes with Sun.  Would it be possible to have a
> list set up for those who are either not members or whom do not wish
> to be bound by such agreements to discuss the Apache side of the JCP?

I've suggested this time and again, making a jcp-discussion list where
no NDA-covered information would be submitted, but there never is any
interest.

If you are interested now - Sam, could you do the honors?

geir

> -Andy
>

>> - Sam Ruby

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)