www-community mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sun and the JCP 2.5
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 00:06:30 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>> We've been through this before.  The list is has no Sun employees on
>> it.  It has only Apache members.  They make decisions on behalf of the
>> ASF.  You can choose to no longer be a member of the ASF.  You can
>> choose not to participate.  At the moment, you have chosen the former
>> and not the latter.

Sigh.

I have not signed any NDA.  I have only signed the ASF membership
application.

We can take a list which gets virtually zero traffic and split it in
two.  We did that once before, and created a list which allows Sun to
participate.  It gets even less traffic.

How you can prove a negative (i.e., that you had access to such
information but never actually took advantage of it), is beyond me.

What should we call this proposed list?

- Sam Ruby