www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sun and the JCP 2.5
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:50:53 GMT

> We've been through this before.  The list is has no Sun employees on
> it.  It has only Apache members.  They make decisions on behalf of the
> ASF.  You can choose to no longer be a member of the ASF.  You can
> choose not to participate.  At the moment, you have chosen the former
> and not the latter.

Sam, I've gotten rather disappointed with your tactics of late.  I
choose to take part in the ASF and its decision making processes.  I
choose not to have information that would limit my financial viability
via making me party to a Non Disclosure Agreement.

I'd like to avoid a situations such as say someone posts some NDA'd spec
for a VM as part of some JSR you're working on and I then go and start
working on Mono and Sun takes my house for "disclosing"..  (possibly
without me even reading it)

I wanted to raise a legitimate question (thanks to Roy for a USEFUL
answer) and from you I keep hearing "it puts the lotion in the bucket or
it gets the hose"...

I think an open JCP list where no NDA material is permitted would be
entirely appropriate.

-Andy