www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Sun and the JCP 2.5
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:24:24 GMT
Please read this:

http://openenterprisetrends.com/cgi-bin/page_display.cgi?193

Does anyone know why JBoss isn't being granted the scholarship?  I read
the Happiness is here today JCP 2.5 announcement
(http://java.sun.com/features/2002/10/new_jcp.html) again and it says
"qualified achedemic, non-profit and opensource members".

While I realize that this isn't an Apache opensource project, it was my
understanding that Apache had invested a great deal of effort in getting
Sun to open up the JCP and enact these reforms.  I would hate to thing
and be very disappointed if they were not being applied fairly.

Who is on the current "scholarship" board?  Any apache folks?  Are you
able to comment?

Thanks,

-Andy