www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: that map
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 08:01:37 GMT

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Santiago Gala wrote:

> I think both approaches are nice. I would change the imagemap you quote

Or have predefined maps for those area's.

> populated areas like Central Europe, East Coast and California. But
> still, the map in indexable by search engines, while the zoomable one is
> not. OTOH, the zoomable one, in spite of projections problems in some

Although we could add an client side HTML image MAP (change the format
from image/png to text/csv)- i.e. make it clickable.

	http://demo.asemantics.com/asf/zoom.pl

Can search engines deal with that ? And the problem is that you cannot
make the map selectable -and- have it clickable. So I guess we need java
script there too.

> I also like more the one with day/night separation
> http://cvs.apache.org/~sgala/nightmap.html because it allows me to guess
> the time in different areas at a glance.

Looks nice with that backdrop ! Though zooming in is an issue as the
nightmap is not very high resolution.

Dw